Things that I now understand and truly value about my mother :
1. She was a very young mother who at age 19 welcomed my wonderful sister...I came just three years later. She gave sacrificed her 20's to raise her daughters and has never second guessed that choice.
2. She made sure that we always were involved in our community.
3. She is the best hostess I have ever met. The woman can throw a party like it's nobody's business.
4. She knows all the lyrics to Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby....still.
5. She never knew her father but tells me that I got a lot of his genes. She smiles when she speaks of him while recalling the stories she has been told.
6. She is an only child who loves her mother unconditionally.
7. She and my father ran off and eloped and kept it a secret for months. (they were 18)
8. She is an amazing listener.
9. She put up with a very rebellious, creative and strong willed child for many years and continually supported and loved (me) unconditionally.
10. Next to my father's mother, she is the strongest woman I know.
11. She has a very healthy sense of humor.
12. We traveled a ton growing up. She helped carve my sense of adventure.
13. She showed me when it was best to be selfless and when it was right to be selfish...for the goodness of your soul.
14. She always knows when I need a fresh new pair of Chuck Taylor Converse shoes. A new pair always seem to arrive right when the current pair is about to fall off my feet.
She is my mother...who tells me every time we speak just how great of a mother she thinks I am. I learned everything about being a mother from her. I am blessed everyday that she is my mom. I am so very proud to be her daughter. I have only myself been a mother for just under 5 years now and if I can be just half the mother that she is to me...then I'm in amazing shape.
I love you mom. Happy Mothers day - juni
Happy Mother's Day weekend everyone...see you on Monday.